Good advice to consider before you pack off for any journey: “Check your car tyres and ensure that they are all punctured.” Better to be safe than sorry, you must always prepare the best tyre inflator in your vehicles. Proper tyres provide grip for acceleration and braking, maintain directional control, support your car’s weight and act as a shock absorber.
- The Best Tyre Inflator: A List of 10 Reviews
- AA 12 V Compact Inflator AA5007 – Best Budget
- Ring RAC610 12V Inflator – Best Classic Air Pump
- Oasser AP-101 Inflator Electric Pump – Best Ease of Use
- Ring Automotive 12V Rapid Preset Digital Ring RTC1000 – Best Speed
- akface AK-01 150PSI Pump – Best Tyre Inflator for Money
- FYLINA AU01004 Updated Touch Screen Inflator – Best Operated
- PI Auto Store PIAS023 Pump – Best Car Tyre Inflator with Dual-Power
- VonHaus 9519 12V Cordless Inflator – Best Portable Unit
- SKEY Cordless Handheld Car Tyre Inflator – Best Versatile Tyre Inflator
- Heyner H22500N Premium Double Barrel Foot Air Pump – Best Foot Air Compressor Tyre Pump
- How to Pick Up The Best Tyre Inflator in The UK?
- Tyre Inflator FAQs
- Final Thoughts
The Best Tyre Inflator: A List of 10 Reviews
AA 12 V Compact Inflator AA5007 – Best Budget
- Be Safe and economical by maintaining the correct tyre pressures for your vehicle
- Features 3 m power cable, 4-inch air hose, 12 V adaptor, integral LED light
Let’s get started with Inflator AA5007 – one of the cheapest tyre inflators we can find on the market. At its price, this unit is kept as basic and easy-to-use as possible.
Accordingly, the AA5007 comes in a set of a compact inflator, 12-volt adapting tip and coiled hose stretches. You can keep it in the glove box of your vehicle to quickly take out if needed.
When in use, you just need to screw the hose attachment on the valve and read the current air pressure. This inflator can pump up to 80 PSI (pound per square inch), equivalent to 5.52 BAR or 552 KPA, enough to inflate most car and bike tyres on the UK roads.
However, we do not like that the dial only records the initial pressure in an analogue style. Not only do you have to calculate the pressure by yourself, but you will also not know how much air you already pump in without removing the valve connector and screw it again.
Ring RAC610 12V Inflator – Best Classic Air Pump
- FIRM FAVOURITE WITH REVIEWERS. Over 1000 positive Amazon reviews for this easy-to-use inflator.
- FAST INFLATION. The RAC610 can inflate a 13” tyre to 35PSI in UNDER 4.5 MINUTES. It also comes with valve...
Also coming at an affordable category, Ring RAC610 12V Inflator shares standard features as the AA5007 and with some improvements.
Firstly about the similarities, the RAC610 is also a simple analogue compressor, along with a 3-metre power cab and 12-volt adaptor. As a result, you hardly have any difficulty using this inflating device.
The maximum air pressure achieved is also 80 PSI, and you can simply check it in the analogue display, along with the BAR and kg/cm² numbers.
The improvement is that the display will measure air pressure within the start and during the inflation. You can keep an eye on the display and press the power button to stop the inflator when the tyres reach a correct pressure.
Moreover, we are impressed that the inflator pumps quickly despite its limited capacity. It is because of the airflow rate that is about 18 to 20 LMP (litre per minute). As a result, it will inflate a fully-flat tyre in a mere moment of four or five minutes.
However, the analogue display has lots of room for improvement because the gauge sometimes shows the wrong pressure level.
Oasser AP-101 Inflator Electric Pump – Best Ease of Use
- Portable and Rechargeable: Easy to store and carry around with its compact size and can be used anywhere to inflate...
- Auto off and Preset Tyre Pressure: Preset required tyre pressure (Max pressure 150 Psi) and press power button to...
Those who find the analogue inflators above inconvenient, you should invest more to get a digital unit. Take the Oasser AP-101 Inflator, for example.
This unit features some helpful features that will make you love it at first sight.
For instance, let’s discuss its blocky shape that is 1.59 x 10.16 x 7.62 cm and 0.5 kg. You can effortlessly hold it on your palm to pump in tyres.
When not in use, the inflator can be stored in the carrying bag, along with a power adaptor, air hose, car charger, valves and balls. Then, put the bag neatly in your car’s boot.
Secondly, the hose attaches to the valves with a forecourt lever rather than screw as other inflators. It would be helpful as you do not have to tightly hold the tip at all times – especially convenient in the winter, not having to expose your fingers to the cold.
Besides, this unit runs on a rechargeable battery. You can use the 12-volt power cord to charge the battery indoors, or you can directly plug it into your car’s cigar lighter socket connection.
Take notes that the rechargeable battery loses its power quickly over time so you should frequently charge it.
It is also worth mentioning that the Oasser inflator has an LCD to present pressure, and the max pressure is up to 150 PSI.
Nonetheless, we have to admit that this unit is not durable. The cable is quite fragile without careful handles.
Ring Automotive 12V Rapid Preset Digital Ring RTC1000 – Best Speed
- Fast And accurate. The RTC1000 is a high-speed Inflator that can inflate a 13” tyre from 0psi to 35psi in just 2...
- See clearly. The large backlit digital screen shows readings clearly in any light levels and has progress bar so...
At a glance, this inflator looks very small, that is why we used to think of it as a low-capacity unit. However, the Ring RTC1000 turns out to be a quick and robust air compressor.
It will charge a tyre from 0 to 35 PSI within less than 2 minutes, and it can go up to 100 PSI quickly as well. This impressive result is thanks to the high amperage capacity and motor.
There is a big and clear screen where you can get all pressure levels at a look. You can easily choose a pressure on the screen and hit the chunky start button to inflate your low-pressure tyres. A bar chart is available to indicate how long you should wait.
Or, if you are busy with other tasks, let the inflator by itself and it will automatically shut off when it reaches your preferred pressure level.
So far, so good except that the adaptor does not fit some common extra sockets, and you will have some troubles when recharging the inflator.
akface AK-01 150PSI Pump – Best Tyre Inflator for Money
- ➤EASY TO OPERATE – Digital tyre inflator is very easy to use.Just plug it into the 12-Volt power outlet in your...
- ➤MULTIPLE USES –The car tyre pump inflate tyres for cars, bikes,balls,motorcycle(Schrader valve only), sedan...
This akface Pump is between a powerful and affordable option, making sense why it becomes one of the top-rated inflators in the UK.
The features are not very different from the above picks.
This inflator works after being plugged into a 12-volt outlet in your car with the hose attached to the tyres. Then, you can choose the pressure threshold and flip the switch to start pumping the air. In the end, the inflator will turn off automatically.
The LCD and LED are adopted to keep track of the pressure and calculate the required amount of pressure.
You will also find additional nozzle attachments to quickly turn this inflator into a tool to pump footballs or sports equipment.
Good for the money, but we expect the power lead to be longer.
FYLINA AU01004 Updated Touch Screen Inflator – Best Operated
- Auto Shut Off: the car air compressor will automatically turn off once the tire Inflator reaches the required...
- Touch Screen Display and LED Lighting: the portable car tyre inflator is equipped with a high-sensitive large...
In terms of quick and powerful inflators, you can also consider this FYLINA Updated Touch Screen Inflator.
Most residential sockets can power the unit via a cabled 12-volt adaptor and a 3-metre power cable. At this length, you easily reach four tyres without relocating your power outlet.
The power ability is up to 150 PSI, and this inflator can get a flat tyre punctured to 35 PSI in just four minutes.
Inflation is effortless with this pump, making it desirable and listed as one of the best tyre inflator UK units.
In specific, there is a touch screen to start the device and set the desired pressures. Once it is connected, you can leave the inflator there, knowing that the tool will switch off automatically to prevent overinflation.
Moreover, the bright LED light is helpful, especially when you stop midway to pump up the tyres on a dark lane at night.
While we like the touch-screen gauge with preset pressures, some consumers complained that the screen is sensitive, thus, accidentally pressing the unit keys sometimes. You had better consider this fact.
PI Auto Store PIAS023 Pump – Best Car Tyre Inflator with Dual-Power
- PREMIUM FEATURES - New 2019 Improved Air Compressor with powerful pump with 38 l/min air-flow. Can inflate a...
- VERY SIMPLE TO USE - Plug into your 12 Volt cigarette lighter socket or other 12 V outlet. Easily set pressure on...
If expenses are not your primary concern while looking for a functional and durable inflator, you can go for PI Auto Store Pump.
The overall construction is exceptionally rugged, in which the housing is made of thermoplastic, and the handle and feet are covered with rubber grips for extra stability. The air hose is also well fitted with the snap. More excitingly, there is also a storage case in the package.
Besides the quality build, this PI pump features two motors and two power sources. It gives a freedom to reach any power source available, whether it is a 12-volt DC outlet or a 240-volt AC main supply. Together with these features, there is an extra-long power cab.
However, the analogue display slightly lowers its value, thinking that the digital screen will be more comfortable and accurate to read.
VonHaus 9519 12V Cordless Inflator – Best Portable Unit
- Cordless and portable, experience the benefit of compressed air whenever and wherever you need it – top-up car,...
- Powered by a rechargeable 12V 1500mAh Lithium Ion battery that easily snaps on and off. Comes with a car adapter to...
While corded inflators are very powerful and helpful, their restrictive cables can cause a little inconvenience when you are on the road without 12-volt outlets available.
Then, having the VonHaus 12v Inflator will be a life-saver.
This pick is a cordless and portable unit running on a rechargeable 11500 mAh battery. You can simply snap on the battery and set the correct tyre pressures. The inflator will automatically pump air in the tyres with a switch on the handle.
Moreover, there is a 12-volt adapting head to charge the battery with ease and get it ready to serve next time.
People also praise this inflator for its versatile applications since it comes with toys and sports inflators designed to complete many household duties with ease. When it comes to replacing the accessories, simply loosen the lock and tighten it again.
On the negative side, the rechargeable battery runs out quickly because of the low inflation rate.
SKEY Cordless Handheld Car Tyre Inflator – Best Versatile Tyre Inflator
- 【Powerful & Fast Inflation】SKEY Tyre inflator provide 150PSI powerful pressure, the air flow up to 35L/min,...
- 【Durable Design & Pressure Preset】The inflator is made of extremely durable material, and the sturdy hose is...
Another cordless tyre inflator to consider is SKEY Car Tyre Inflator. This product is a high-end model packed with a lot of features simultaneously.
Concerning the car tyre compressor itself, this SKEY unit provides up to 150PSI rating with a high airflow of 35 LMP. It means the tool will pump up a completely flat tyre to 35 PSI in under two minutes.
And of course, the LCD pressures screen and integrated light are adopted for users to manage the inflator at a breeze. The construction is durable and comfortable on your hand because all parts are built with durable and shock-resistant materials.
Most importantly, there are five kinds of nozzles included in the package so that you can use the unit for multiple purposes, namely bicycles, motorcycles, cars, balls, boats and almost any stuff inflatables.
The quality and functionality are a no-brainer, but the high price might cause you to think twice.
Heyner H22500N Premium Double Barrel Foot Air Pump – Best Foot Air Compressor Tyre Pump
- 10 BAR / 140 PSI, with high precision pressure gauge
- Heavy duty double cylinder
The last on the list is Heyner Premium Barrel Inflator, which is different from all the inflators above. It is a double-barrel foot air pump.
This pick is preferred by the old-school drivers who wish to do everything by themselves. Although the Heyner is simple to use, it requires extra time and effort.
Accordingly, foot air pumps often feature a long hose to pass the air through into the tyres up to 140 PSI rating. An analogue air-pressure gauge is available to keep an eye on the pressure level.
This manual pump’s other plus is its flip-lock connector, making it securely compatible with Schrader and Presta’s valves of different vehicles.
The drawback of this type of tyre inflators is its heavy design. Meanwhile, it is as expensive as the compact electric models.
How to Pick Up The Best Tyre Inflator in The UK?
We wonder whether you have already picked an inflator for your vehicles or you need further advice to make the last decision? – If it is the latter, keep reading this useful buying guide.
Types of tyre inflators based on power sources
So far, tyre inflators have come in the three most common basics: foot air pumps, 12-volt plug models and cordless models.
12-volt plug inflators: They require an electric outlet or socket to power to make it less hassle to pump up your tyres.
The plugged inflators come with an easy-to-read analogue or digital screen, through which you can activate the compressor and inflate air with a knob.
Cordless tyre inflators: While electric models are powerful, they are a little inconvenient if your vehicle does not feature 12-volt DC outlets.
In this case, cordless inflators are a perfect alternative since lithium-ion or rechargeable batteries power them. However, make sure that you check the inflators frequently and keep them charged.
The portability of chosen inflators
Recommended inflators should be a good thing coming in a small package, meaning that they are necessarily portable enough for you to carry in your cars and to take out for tyre inflation.
Typically, the tyre inflators themselves should be between one to three kilograms or even lighter.
You should also consider the lengths of the hose and cord included. 0.5-metre hoses are versatile enough to reach all four tyres of most vehicles. Meanwhile, the power cord should be about two metres.
It is also better if the cord and hose are coiled up in a small compartment and a carrying case for convenient transportation and storage.
The pumping capacity and inflation time
You should take note that some inflators can inflate large tyres while others cannot. Thus, you must check upon its capacity if you do not want to end up buying a paper-weight car tool.
In specific, read its PSI (pounds per square inch) specification. The higher this figure is, the stronger and faster the inflators will perform.
From our experience, battery-powered units often pump up tyres much more quickly than the electrically-plugged counterparts – around 2 minutes or less.
However, those with more powerful motors and modern inflating technologies are often more expensive.
Many advanced features for safe driving
Of course, adds-on functions can lead to extra expense on the compressor inflators. They are well-worth investing to make the pumping up tyres process faster and safer.
- Additional nozzle attachments: They extend the usages of tyre inflators so that you can inflate other stuff like balloons, bicycle tyres or sports equipment.
- Duty cycle: The shorter duty cycles are better because they mean that tyre inflators take less time to cool off before you can use them again.
- Integral lights: Sometimes, you are on a dark road when the tyres suddenly go flat. You will then thank us for introducing inflators with built-in lights to illuminate the tyres and alert passing vehicles of your stranding.
- Digital pressure gauges: We appreciate that some modern compressors inflators have an LCD to show the inflated pressure on gauges so that you can estimate how punctuation you should pump into the tyres.
- Auto-shutoff: This feature allows setting the desired PSI so that the inflators will turn themselves off when it reaches the desired point. Thus, you will no longer worry about overinflated or underinflated tyres.
Tyre Inflator FAQs
Why should you always keep tyres punctured?
Over 10,000 injuries and nearly 100 preventable deaths were caused by the low tire pressure reported by The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Without inflating the tyres according to the manufacturers’ recommended pressure, you cannot expect the tyres to have the best performance and last for expected lifespan.
How can you check tyre pressure?
Each tyre has its own designated PSI, which is the amount of air pressure within the tyres. Do not go over the maximum PSI.
Typically, you can buy a tyre gauge or use an advanced digital tyre inflator compressor to check the tyre pressure. Unscrew the cap of the inlet valve on the tyres and have the gauge pressed into the stem. Then, read the result on the gauge.
A useful note for you is that air inside the tyres expands with heat, and you should wait for the tyres to cool down before you read their pressure.
How Does the Tyre Inflator Work?
As its name suggests, a tyre inflator’s main task is to pump up your vehicles’ tyres with pressurised gas.
You attach the inflator onto the air valve and screw it there or press the air hose’s tip until the tyres reach the desired pressure. Recap the valve stem in the end.
It sounds like how an air compressor works, but you should not mistake the two. The tyre inflators are a cousin of the compressors with a specialised function and more compact construction.
Some inflators are small enough to fit in your cars’ boot. Meanwhile, larger models can pump up tyres in a record speed. 10 products below are prime examples to demonstrate these points.
How to pump up your tyres with an inflator?
It is a fact that not all of us know how to inflate tyres properly and safely. Thus, we come up with some specific steps for your reference:
- Pull the inflator in a place where you can reach four types without moving the compressor or your vehicle.
- Remove the cap of valve steams.
- Securely push the hose of the inflator compressor onto the steam and check the air pressure inside.
- Fill the tires to the recommended pressure (it’s best to do this when the tires are cold). Reinstall the valve stem caps.
- Ensure that the nozzle is away from your body before you start inflating the tyres. Fill in the air to the maximum air pressure.
- Recheck the gauge when the tyres are cold and reinstall the caps of the valve stem.
It’s time to buy the best tyre inflator and keep your tyres adequately punctured all the time. It is utterly essential for safe driving. Unfortunately, most inflators found on the market are affordable and easy to use. We even gather the top options above with detailed reviews and a buying guide. And in case you do not know what to choose in the end, we strongly recommend Ring Automotive 12V Rapid Preset Digital Ring RTC1000 for its quick inflation and convenience of use. You will not be disappointed, we promise.
Wish you to always have safe trips with this tool!