“What is the best electric breast pump 2021?”, if this question confuses you a lot, you’re in the right place now!
This is one of the must-have tools if you have babies. It not only reserves the milk volume to feed your children but also saves your time a lot. But now, there are hundreds of products on the market that will definitely perplex you at first time.
For that reason, we pick out the top 10 products for you to have more references. We make sure that all of them are worth your consideration. If you’re ready, let’s get started!
- Best Electric Breast Pump
- Spectra Double Electric Breast Pump S1 Plus – Best Performance
- Spectra Electric Breast Pump S2 Plus – Best Overall
- BabyBuddha Double Breast Pump B078PSH6PS – Best Ergonomic Design
- Ardo Calypso Electric Breast Pump 63.00.194 – Best Silent Breast Pump
- Tommee Tippee Breastfeeding Kit 423641 – Best Breast Pump Kit
- Lansinoh 2-in-1 Electric Breast Pump 53060 – Best Hospital-strength Breast Pump
- Medela Swing Maxi Flex Electric Breast Pump 101033793 – Best Single Breast Pump
- MAM Double Electric Breast Pump BPE0002 – Best Ease Of Use
- Medela Flex Electric Breast Pump 101037977 – Best Modern Breast Pump
- Tommee Tippee Electric Breast Pump 423018 – Best Affordable Breast Pump
- Buying Guide: How To Choose The Best Electric Breast Pump?
- Frequently Asked Question – FAQs
Best Electric Breast Pump
The below are the top 10 products that we deliberate on based on many standards. Read this part carefully and find out the best electric breast pump for yourself!
Spectra Double Electric Breast Pump S1 Plus – Best Performance
A high-performance breast pump not only saves your time but also makes a positive impact on the milk flow. That’s why we want to recommend this Spectra Double Electric Breast Pump S1 Plus.
Thanks to the powerful pump motor, it can work well at the highest performance. Unlike other cheap products with low suction force, this item will support your breast to produce milk flow evenly with a larger amount.
Its pump mechanism and massage setting also bring you comfortability when pumping. Despite the high force, the device still stabilise the flow and won’t injure the breast or make you hurt.
You can use this item even when you don’t have a power supply. The rechargeable batteries allow users to run this for about 6 hours after first charging.
This item is the heaviest among 10 products. So it will be a bit cumbersome to store or bring from place to place.
Spectra Electric Breast Pump S2 Plus – Best Overall
A high-quality breast pump with many outstanding features is definitely what every user wants to have. Are you curious about what it is? It’s Spectra Electric Breast Pump S2 Plus!
As this is a heavy-duty hospital-grade pump, it’s durable and firm. You can realise this for the first time you hold this device when it’s a bit heavy.
When using, you can adjust the cycle speed (from 38 to 54 rotate per minute (rpm)) until you feel comfortable. The letdown mode is also available to stimulate the milk flow naturally.
The ultra-quiet mode will maintain the silence when using, so it won’t disturb your sleep at all. Moreover, your night pumping time will be easier with the night light.
The item comes with a full set of tools, so you don’t have to prepare anything. It includes the machine, dual pumps and 2 bottles for you to store more milk each time.
Obviously, it’s a hospital-one so carrying this item out can’t be as convenient as others. It’s the small disadvantage that all products of this type have.
BabyBuddha Double Breast Pump B078PSH6PS – Best Ergonomic Design
- PORTABLE AND COMPACT: While other breastfeeding pumps are too bulky and drag you down with their weight, the BPA...
- EXTRA-QUIET OPERATION: We’ve fitted our machine with an impressively quiet mechanism that makes for discreet and...
Does the bulky design of the breast pump make you tired? If yes, the BabyBuddha Double Breast Pump B078PSH6PS is what you shouldn’t ignore.
Most users love this item as its design is really ergonomic and convenient to use. You don’t have to sit down for 15 or 20 minutes anymore as it can be hung around your neck by the lanyard. So you will have more time to take care of your children or do other jobs.
There are up to 14 expression settings for you to choose from. Users can customise the speed and suction mode to stimulate the milk flow in the most comfortable way.
To ensure your baby’s health, the system is closed. It’s more hygienic that can prevent milk from flowing backwards and being contaminated. The BPA-free materials also contribute to enhancing the product quality and safety.
Among other products on this list, the price of this portable breast pump is a bit higher. But compared to the benefits the pump brings to users, this is acceptable.
Ardo Calypso Electric Breast Pump 63.00.194 – Best Silent Breast Pump
- QUIETEST BREAST PUMP ON THE MARKET: The Ardo Calypso Double Plus is a powerful yet quiet and gentle breast pump...
- FLEXIBLE BREASTPUMP FOR MUM: It offers great flexibility as you can choose from 64 combinations of speed and...
Is your baby usually annoyed by the noise from the breast pump? Don’t worry! We have a better suggestion for you!
Ardo Calypso Electric Breast Pump 63.00.194 can be considered as one of the most quiet devices on the market. The Ultra silent technology operates quietly and gently, which won’t disturb your baby’s slept.
This single pump includes Vacuum Seal that protects the pumped milk well and prevents contamination. Combined with the Bisphenol-A free materials, you can rest assured when using the device.
Moreover, you can easily use this comfortable breast pump at home or office as it isn’t bulky. Its design is convenient for discreet pumping and washing after use as all the parts are straightforward to assemble.
This is a single breast pump, you will have to spend more time than using others. So this product is best for occasional pumping or when you have much time.
Tommee Tippee Breastfeeding Kit 423641 – Best Breast Pump Kit
- Complete Breastfeeding Kit: 1x electric breast pump, 1x electric bottle & food warmer, disposable breast pads, baby...
- Electric breast pump: This portable, super-quiet and USB-rechargeable electric breast pump features 5 massage- and...
You’re looking for a breast pump kit that includes all the necessary accessories? Tommee Tippee Breastfeeding Kit 423641 is worth your consideration!
The number of kit components may surprise you at the first time as they are more than you can imagine. Apart from the basic elements such as the pump and electric bottle, it also provides you with 1 electric warmer, steriliser bags, milk storage bags, baby bottles, etc.
You definitely appreciate the product quality. This close to nature electric breast pump is certified for safe materials and the design that supports baby to transitioning from breastfeeding to bottle feeding.
As usual, a full set of items will cost higher, but this one does the opposite. We make sure that once you check for its price, you will feel completely satisfied.
If what you aim for is saving pumping time, it may not a perfect choice. You have to spend more time pumping milk when using a single type.
Lansinoh 2-in-1 Electric Breast Pump 53060 – Best Hospital-strength Breast Pump
- Hospital grade performance: lansinoh double electric breast pump has 3 pumping styles and 8 suction levels for...
- Maximise efficiency: can be used as a single breast pump or double breast pump and in conjunction with other...
At least 8 times per day is the suitable frequency to feed your baby, and the fast speed or high performance is the feature that a breast pump should have. So, we want to introduce to you the Lansinoh 2-in-1 Electric Breast Pump 53060.
This hospital pump has a strong motor that will create a better suction force that stimulates your flow. Despite that, the gentle and flexible operation won’t displease you at all.
Users can choose the most proper mode from 3 pumping types and 8 adjustable suction levels. More than that, you can set up to use double pumps or a single pump with one step only.
One more advantage that will convince you to purchase this electric breast pump is the price. It’s as low as a bargain that will save your budget a lot!
This item excludes storing cases or bags. For that reason, if you want to use it outside, you may have to prepare one.
Medela Swing Maxi Flex Electric Breast Pump 101033793 – Best Single Breast Pump
- Compact, portable, easy to use: This electric breast pump is compact and portable, and you can conveniently switch...
- Comfortable, efficient expression: Swing Flex comes complete with Medela PersonalFit Flex breast shields for added...
A single breast pump is the best choice for moms who don’t use it frequently or prefer compact items. On our top list, the best single product is Medela Swing Maxi Flex Electric Breast Pump 101033793.
It has compact and simple design with a controlling unit, the pumping bottle, and the pipe. Hence, you can easily put it in the bag and go out without any entanglement.
This item can operate by the energy from the battery or the power cords. No matter which source you choose, it will give gentle and higher milk production (about 11%) thanks to the Swing Maxi feature and PersonalFit Flex breast shield.
Also, it’s an ideal choice for the beginner. With easy-to-assemble parts, you can use and wash the Medela pump straightforwardly.
When you don’t have a big budget, you can consider other products on this list. This double-electric pump’s price is a bit higher than others in the same range.
MAM Double Electric Breast Pump BPE0002 – Best Ease Of Use
- Freedom to pump: With up to 3 hours of battery power our double electric breastfeeding pump gives you the freedom...
- Multiple settings: The double breast milk pump has 3 different settings to express milk: alternate mode, dual mode,...
If you haven’t had any experience using a breast pump before, the one with simple construction is what you need. In case you don’t have any ideas yet, take a look at the MAM Double Electric Breast Pump BPE0002.
The simple structure of this pump will take you 5 minutes to get used to it as there are 2 main parts only: the control and pumping bottles. It comes with a user manual that will support you in setting up.
When using this product, you don’t have to worry about washing. It’s easy to detach or assemble the elements by some straightforward steps.
Last but not least, this comfortable pump’s control unit will be useful in customising and adjusting. All the information about expression modes, speed or battery, are shown clearly on the Led screen.
You will have to recharge regularly to make sure it’s enough energy for the next uses. Its capacity is quite small, which is enough for about 3 hours only.
Medela Flex Electric Breast Pump 101037977 – Best Modern Breast Pump
- Pump, wherever: This compact, light and portable Freestyle Flex breast pump from Medela has a built-in rechargeable...
- Track progress via app: Connect Freestyle Flex to the free MyMedela app, download on your smartphone to register...
Some users always look for modern products with high technology and convenience. Among the best products, Medela Flex Electric Breast Pump 101037977 is an outstanding one.
MyMedela App is the invention of Medela that helps you keep track of your health condition better. The information of week, month, or year will be delivered and saved in the app; then you can receive the report or analysis.
The touch panel of this breast pump is very responsive and easy to control. You won’t need as much force to push the button as conventional types will be useful if you hold something in your hands.
Also, it includes the necessary equipment that you don’t have to prepare anymore. The carrying case, cooler bag and 4 breast milk bottles are available to use anytime.
However, the pretty high price is its biggest drawback. So you should consider your budget before choosing this product.
Tommee Tippee Electric Breast Pump 423018 – Best Affordable Breast Pump
No products found.
You want to find a quality product but don’t have a big budget for it? Tommee Tippee Electric Breast Pump 423018 will be your saviour!
You may think that “the cheapest is the dearest” and worried about the cheap item’s quality. This opinion can be true with others, but not with this product.
All the materials are high-quality ones such as plastic and silicone. So this pump can be stored in the refrigerator or washed with hot water.
The silicon cup gives moms comfort as it’s lighter and more flexible. You can choose 1 from 4 settings to maximise the amount of milk or a better experience.
In case you’re an amateur, this product is worth considering. Light, compact and simple design will make it easier to use or wash without any complicated steps.
What makes us dissatisfied is the noise it makes when operating. It isn’t too loud but is the minus point in this product.
Buying Guide: How To Choose The Best Electric Breast Pump?
If you don’t have any experience in buying breast pumps before, don’t worry! Our detailed buying guide will show you have to do. Check it now!
What Type Is The Best?
People can divide electric breast pumps into many types, but in this article, we will show you the 3 main models:
Hospital Grade Pumps: This type is manufactured for the users in the hospital and for whoever wants to rent it. The pump will allow you to adjust the pressure and intensity that make you feel most comfortable.
Many users prefer them as they create some actions like baby natural’s sucking that stimulates the milk flow. So that, the hospital-grade pump is suitable for those who have a low breast milk supply.
Moreover, fast and efficiency is what this type brings to the users. They will save your time a lot compared to using others.
Personal Breast Pumps: This type of pump is outstanding for powerful pump motors that speed up the process. Besides, they will create a suction rhythm that mimics the way babies suck to stimulate milk flow naturally.
Some products are operated by a power source, while the built-in rechargeable battery runs others. With the middle sizes, which are usually under 8 pounds, you can put these devices right in your bags.
Wireless Breast Pumps: You can place this product directly on the breasts inside the bra. It pumps milk by the power from a rechargeable or conventional battery with an integrated milk storage pot.
They’re really useful if you don’t have time to do this task at home. The small size also makes them easier to use and clean.
Should You Choose A Single Or Double Breast Pumps?
As usual, a single breast pump is recommended for customers who want to use it occasionally. So if you’re able to breastfeed your baby, this one is worth consideration as it will save you a significant amount.
Apart from that, a double breast pump is always the best choice for regular use. Obviously, its process will take half of the single one.
According to expert advice, double breasts can produce 18% more than the single one. The fat and caloric content of milk has also been assessed to be higher than pumping off from one side.
Anything To Consider About The Material?
Most of the electric pumps are made from plastic, and you need to wash them regularly with warm or hot water. So what you need to do is make sure that the product is completely safe for your baby.
BPA is a chemical contained in plastic and it will easily release at high temperatures. Carefully check the product information and commitments from the manufacturer to make sure the product is quality enough.
What Extra Features Should I Look For?
Products with more features are worth more consideration as they can support users better, and they’re the reason that makes these products more expensive than manual breast pumps. However, this factor will also increase the item price. Some features you can look for:
- Adjustability: Many products allow the user to adjust the intensity and pressure in a variety of degrees. They will become more flexible for many different users. Or you can also choose the simulation of nursing baby mode to stimulate milk production naturally.
- Warranty: Warranty policies from the manufacturer allow you to return or exchange within a certain period. This ensures you won’t waste money on buying poor-quality products.
- Storing case/bag: It will be useful when you want to carry your device to the office or on your trips.
Frequently Asked Question – FAQs
When choosing a product you may raise many questions for yourself. We picked out some popular ones about the best electric breast pump that will support you a lot!
How To Clean The Electric Breast Pump?
Cleaning the electric breast pumps isn’t too complicated, but it may confuse you the first time. For that reason, take a look at our guide to know how to do it properly:
- Turn off the device and use a tissue or a piece of cloth to wipe the dial.
- Detach the pump and some parts that are in contact with the breast or milk, such as valves or flanges
- Place the disassembled parts in the dishwasher (if possible, according to the manufacturer). Or else you can wash them manually with a dedicated soap and sponge.
- Remember to scrub carefully and wash directly under the running water (it would be better to use the warm water). Make sure that no milk or residue is left in any parts.
- You can use the hot-air rinse mode of the dishwasher or let the elements dry naturally. Then assemble the parts as they were.
- You must use a separate wash basin and cloth, do not use a dishcloth for cleaning the pump.
- The cleaning tools should be washed regularly, and the best is right after each use.
How Long And How Often Should I Use The Electric Breast Pump?
There are no rules or set numbers for pumping times as it depends on your baby’s need. Following are some recommendation for you based on different conditions:
For newborn baby: You may need to use the pumped milk as an alternative for feeding your baby directly. A newborn baby will need to be fed from 8 to 12 times a day, so you can pump at least 8 times to meet his/her needs.
For low breast milk supply: If you can’t produce enough milk as others, you can increase or even double pumping times. Or else, try to take milk whenever you feel you can give more in the day.
For busy moms: If you have to stay in the office to work, it would be better to pump every 3 to 4 hours. Maybe it will bring you some inconvenience, but only this frequency is enough for your baby.
According to experts, 10 or15 minutes per pump are the best choices. It’s enough to fill the bottle and not injure your breasts at the same time.
How Long Can I Store Breastmilk?
Ask yourself, “How long has the milk been pumped?” first, then check the rules below:
Freshly Expressed Milk:
- Room temperature (77°F or lower): Up to 4 hours
- Refrigerator (about 40°F): Up to 4 days
- Freezer (0°F or lower): Within 6 months is the best time, or not over than 12 months
- Room temperature (77°F or lower): No more than 1 hour
- Refrigerator (about 40°F): Up to 24 hours
- Freezer (0°F or lower): Never freeze again
Leftover from a feeding:
- Only use within 2 hours after feeding
Do I Need To Wash The Pump Every Day?
Of course! This is one of the must-do steps that you have to pay attention to when using the breast pump.
Practically, you should wash the pump after each use. However, once at the end of the day is acceptable if you’re too busy to do it several times per day.
What happens if you don’t do that? The milk that deposits in the pump will spoil easily under normal conditions.
This causes the production of bacteria on the tool, which not only poisons the baby while feeding but can also hurt the mother’s body.
We’ve provided you with all the necessary information about the top 10 products. We hope you find it helpful in assisting you in finding out the best electric breast pump yourself. Don’t forget to check the buying guide as it will support you a lot.
Spectra Electric Breast Pump S2 Plus is the best option for people that we want to introduce. As mentioned above, this item has high quality and includes outstanding features such as adjustable speeds, extra modes, etc., and we make sure it will satisfy you!
Last but not least, consider carefully and be a smart buyer!