“What is the best blood pressure monitor in the UK?” If this question confuses you a lot, now you’re in the right place!
This item is one of the necessary medical equipment you should prepare for your family. Even when no one in your household has high or low blood pressure, it’s worth buying for the periodic health check.
We know that finding the most suitable one isn’t an easy task, and that’s why this post will reveal to you the top 10 products. Are you ready? Let’s discover!
- 10 Best Blood Pressure Monitor UK
- Braun ExactFit 5 Connect Smart Monitor BUA6350EU – Best Blood Pressure Monitor UK Overall
- Omron Basic M2 Blood Pressure Monitor HEM-7120-E – Best Ease Of Use
- A&D Medical Arm Blood Pressure Monitor UA-651 – Best Of Exact Results
- Duronic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BPM150 – Best Budget Blood Pressure
- Omron EVOLV Smart Blood Pressure Monitor B01MT54RFU – Best Modern Blood Pressure Monitor
- Withings Electric Arm Blood Pressure Monitor B07SJV1HNR – Best For Busy Users
- Beurer Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BM58 – Best Of Memory Capacity
- QardioArm Smart Blood Pressure Monitor B00JM6EBHG – Best Smart Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor
- A&D Medical Blood Pressure Monitor UA-651BLE – Best Quality
- TempiR Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor B00XN0WM28 – Best Wrist Monitor
- How To Choose The Best Blood Pressure Monitor ?
- Best Blood Pressure Monitor – Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Blood Pressure Monitor UK
Braun ExactFit 5 Connect Smart Monitor BUA6350EU – Best Blood Pressure Monitor UK Overall
- Clinically proven professional accuracy
- Bluetooth connection
Are you looking for the best overall monitor with the outstanding characteristic of quality, design, etc.? Braun ExactFit5 is what you need!
This nominee is a multiple-user monitor, thanks to the 2 cuff sizes it supplies. The large cuff is for arm circumference from 32 cm to 42 cm, and the small one is for 22 cm to 32 cm, so all family members can use this comfortably.
Easy to read display with colour is another advantage of this monitor. Even when you’re a beginner, you need about 1 minute to learn how to use it. The manufacturer also provides users with the Braun app to connect with this device through Bluetooth connection.
The Braun monitor’s accuracy is clinically tested in line with the European Society of Hypertension method. Most experts and users appreciate the correct results they receive.
This blood pressure machine is slightly bulky if you need to bring it with you out and about. But fortunately, it comes with a storing bag for more convenience in transporting.
Omron Basic M2 Blood Pressure Monitor HEM-7120-E – Best Ease Of Use
- Automatic blood pressure monitor with Medium 22 - 32 cm Cuff
- One button operation
If you haven’t had any monitor before, choose an item with easy to use design and function is the best choice. In this article, we suggest Omron Blood Pressure Monitor HEM-7120-E.
It’s one of the most favoured products with several thousands of purchases, thanks to high ease of use. This item includes a monitor with a simple display you can understand immediately at a glance.
With one start/stop button, you need to simply put the cuff on your arm and start. It will inflate the cuff until fitted and takes a short time to give the exact results.
The quality it brings compared to that of other products on the market, this price is reasonable. The Omron monitor will save you a significant amount of money.
However, if you need a modern device with various connectivities or high technology, this isn’t a suitable choice. It’s a basic function monitor.
A&D Medical Arm Blood Pressure Monitor UA-651 – Best Of Exact Results
- Clinically validated - European Society for Hypertension (ESH)
- One button operation with 22-32cm cuff
A monitor with high deviation is what we should avoid as it will affect the outcome remarkably. Among many items, we appreciate A&D Medical Arm Blood Pressure Monitor UA-651 for high accuracy.
European Society for Hypertension (ESH) clinically validates that the item meets the quality standards. There is need to worry about the outcome’s exactness as it was tested and experimented by many patients prior to the release.
A&D’s Irregular Heart Beat technology has been developed since 2001, allowing users to observe the heart’s condition more thoroughly. It helps you to recognise arrhythmias sooner.
Besides, the operation is very straightforward and won’t pose any challenge to seniors. The simple and easy to read display shows the result clearly in a short period.
The charging port can be a bit loose. So make sure that you connect the charger’s cable in the right way.
Duronic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BPM150 – Best Budget Blood Pressure
- HIGHLY ACCURATE BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORS - The Duronic blood pressure monitors are used to give users accurate blood...
- EASY TO USE ERGONOMIC DESIGN – This blood pressure monitor for upper arm comes WITH A cuff, and are all designed...
When purchasing any products, we will always choose the one that suits our budget. We know that some don’t prefer to spend a large amount of money on a monitor, that’s why Duronic Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BPM150 appears on this list.
You may think that cheap products means low quality. Worry not, as this statement is irrelevant to the Duronic blood pressure appliance.
It gives users the accurate results in a simple display. You can read the outcome effortlessly thanks to the clear and big numbers on the screen.
Wide range of the arm circumference from 22 cm to 42 cm permits more users to share it. You no longer have to pay extra money on more than one monitor for your family.
Instead of charging, the power comes from 4 x AAA batteries; you can use and replace them whenever they run out of energy.
However, the plastic case feels quite fragile. You should be careful when using and avoid dropping or damaging this blood pressure machine.
Omron EVOLV Smart Blood Pressure Monitor B01MT54RFU – Best Modern Blood Pressure Monitor
- Sleek, all in one design: the all in one blood pressure monitor with a compact design for convenient testing at...
- Clinically validated: from the most recommended brand by cardiologists, the EVOLV is clinically validated for use...
Do you prefer a modern product with high technology integrated and health check apps? You shouldn’t ignore the Omron Smart Blood Pressure Monitor B01MT54RFU if so.
You will be attracted at first sight by its contemporary and elegant design. There is one power button with the LED display, showing you the Sys and Dia indices.
When you connect this digital blood pressure with a health check app, it will supply you more information than regular products. Your weight, body fat, visceral fat, etc. are also calculated and memorised in the app.
What is more impressive is that the internal memory can save up to 100 readings.
Its cuff size is from 22 cm to 42 cm, which allows all users to choose the correct size cuff. The high portability is also an important factor that helps you bring it from place to place effortlessly.
This device’s one drawback is that it can connect to iOS devices exclusively, requiring you to have a iOS running device to check your health on the app.
Withings Electric Arm Blood Pressure Monitor B07SJV1HNR – Best For Busy Users
- BLOOD PRESSURE: systolic and diastolic plus Heart Rate MEDICALLY ACCURATE: compliant with European medical device...
- Blood pressure is difficult to correctly define as it varies during the day and depends on your physical activity....
If you’re busy every day and don’t have too much time to make the blood pressure tests at home, a compact item is the best choice to use anywhere such as the office. In case you don’t have any idea yet, consider Withings B07SJV1HNR Electric Blood Pressure Monitor.
The compact and sleek design is the product’s most outstanding characteristic. It’s as big as a 400 ml water bottle and won’t take up too much space in your bag, enabling you to take it anywhere with you.
You need to press the button to start and let this wireless blood pressure device do the rest. The results will be shown in Sys, Dia and Heart pulse with colour light to alarm your condition.
WiFi and Bluetooth connections are available. Users can access the Health Mate app to observe your situation without any difficulties.
The connection with the app on your phone can lag sometimes. You may have to wait a little for this portable device to show the most accurate and complete results.
Beurer Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BM58 – Best Of Memory Capacity
- UNIVERSAL CUFF: The universal upper arm cuff adjusts to fit an average arm circumference between 22cm and 30cm.
- EASY READINGS: Alerts you to any signs of arrhythmia and measures your vitals against the colour-coded risk...
Large memory capacity is a useful feature we should deliberate as it supports you to check your health more detailedly On this list, Beurer Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BM58 unarguably meets this requirement.
The monitor can memorise 2 user profiles with up to 60 readings. It allows you to inspect your health with data of the long-term uses and the overall average.
Not only showing 3 main indexes but the display also includes date and time of analyses. When a health’s issue such as high blood pressure appears, it will alarm you through the risk indicator.
Beurer arm cuff blood pressure monitor provides users with a USB port. Thus, you can export the data and send it to your doctor when needed.
Nevertheless, the cuff is suitable for arm circumference limited from 22 cm to 30 cm. If you have larger arms, you should consider other items on our list.
QardioArm Smart Blood Pressure Monitor B00JM6EBHG – Best Smart Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor
- CLINICAL ACCURACY AT HOME and ON-THE-GO: easily monitor your blood pressure in the comfort of your home, when...
- EASY SETUP: connects to your smartphone via free App. Works with Apple Watch or Android Wear (iOS 10.0 or later,...
Many users prefer a smart blood pressure monitor to connect with many apps and devices and create more convenience in use. If we talk about smart devices, we can’t miss the QardioArm B00JM6EBHG.
Instead of showing the result on display as traditional items, it exports the outcome to your device. The analyses you receive include many health information with clear charts and graphs.
You can connect this blood pressure monitor with your device, no matter if it has Android or iOS operation. The health check app is available for Kindle and can be integrated with Siri or Alexa Skills.
There is no point in worrying about the accuracy of the results. This equipment is certified and clinically tested to deliver accurate results at low deviation.
Due to the modern features, it costs more than the average price range. But compared to the values this monitor brings, the price is worth paying.
A&D Medical Blood Pressure Monitor UA-651BLE – Best Quality
- Clinically validated AA standard - European Society for Hypertension (ESH) +/-3% accuracy
- One button operation - with latest 3rd generation fully automatic measurement technology
Durability is the important angle that we should check as no one wants to buy an equipment that can be used for several times. In this post, we prize A&D Medical Blood Pressure Monitor UA-651BLE as the best quality one.
Its sturdy and solid construction attracts more and more users to purchase. Although the case is plastic, this material is strong and thick enough to protect the components inside.
The manufacturer guarantees the outcome quality will be as few deviations as possible. Hence, the health condition will be reflected in a specific, intuitive and accurate way.
The A&D product supports both Android and iOS devices. It will synch health data to your phone or tablet for better analysis results.
This accurate blood pressure tool has a traditional and boring design weighed up with recent items. Apart from that, there is nothing to complain about it.
TempiR Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor B00XN0WM28 – Best Wrist Monitor
- see the TempIR website for full video instructions ** UK Reputable Seller ** - EASY TO READ and USE - This digital...
- ACCURATE AND RELIABLE - TempIR ARE AN AUTHORISED SUPPLIER TO THE NHS. TempIR best blood pressure monitor produces...
Ergonomic design and high portability are what a wrist blood pressure monitor can provide you with. In case you want to find an item to try, TempiR B00XN0WM28 is an ideal selection.
Thanks to the compact design, you can use this portable blood pressure equipment with one hand without any challenges. Its large display with large and clear number support users to check the information, even from a far distance.
Instead of finding a table to place a monitor when using the arm equipment, you can use this wrist version device anywhere as long as you have a place to sit.
Moreover, live voice is a commendable advantage of this blood pressure monitor. For elders or whoever with poor visions, it supports their using process significantly.
There is the fact that wrist monitors will produce less accurate results than the arm counterparts. But the deviation of this equipment isn’t high and acceptable.
How To Choose The Best Blood Pressure Monitor ?
How To Determine The Size?
The cuff size significantly affects the results you receive. Obviously, too loose or too tight items can lead to incorrect readings.
According to The High Blood Pressure Clinical Practice Guidelines (2017), you can choose the most suitable one from 3 standard sizes (for adults):
- Small size: 22 cm to 26 cm arm circumference
- Medium size: 27 cm to 34 cm arm circumference
- Large size: 35 cm to 44 cm arm circumference
Which Type Is The Best?
A hundred of blood pressure monitors are categorised into 3 main types: upper arm device, wrist device, and finger device. As a daylife, each of them has different pros and cons that you need to deliberate since you have to use it to check the blood pressure over time.
Upper arm monitors: This type is the most popular over others. Measuring at the heart-height, arm monitors will give you more accurate measurements of blood pressure levels with little deviation.
However, their cuffs are bigger than wrist or finger devices and challenging when you use one hand to put them on.
Wrist monitors: They are less accurate than the arm type, but you can straightforwardly use them as wearing a wristwatch.
Finger monitors: Not many users choose finger devices due to the plenty of inaccurate readings of blood flow; this type is rarely used in hospitals.
Manual Or Automatic?
The difference between a manual blood pressure monitor and an automatic one is negligible. It’s just how you inflate the cuff to calculate the blood level.
If you choose a manual product, you have to inflate its cuff by squeezing the rubber bulb rapidly and continuously until you feel it’s tight enough. It will cost less than an automatic item and usually easier to use.
Automatic blood pressure monitor is outstanding for its high convenience. What you need to do is put the cuff on and press the button. However, they will cost a bit higher than a manual item.
Decision is dependent on you. This factor isn’t too important that you can take it as a standard to compare products in the same price range.
Are Additional Features Necessary?
A product with many extra features is worth more consideration as it undeniably supports you a lot in using. There are some features you can look for in a blood pressure calculator, such as:
- Ease of use: Is it easy to use? Make sure that the item you choose won’t confuse or challenge you in any way.
- Portability: Avoid choosing bulky or heavy monitors, they are not only hard to move but also take up much of your storage space.
- Memory: Some modern devices allow you to save the personal information of previous measurements and export the general conclusion about your health situation.
Best Blood Pressure Monitor – Frequently Asked Questions
How To Use The Blood Pressure Monitor?
- Turn on the power.
- Wrap the cuff around the wrist or arm depending on which part your device is meant for.
- Inflate the cuff by the button if you use a digital device. With traditional items, you have to inflate it manually by squeezing the bulb rapidly.
- Breathe evenly and wait for the result.
- After that, release the air inside the cuff with an exhausting button.
- If you drink coffee, tea or anything that contains caffeine, wait for about 30 minutes before starting to measure blood pressure.
- Try to breathe evenly, remove your anxiety and concerns
- Find a chair or place to sit and relax.
- If you want to take more blood pressure measurements, wait for 2 or 3 minutes to start again for higher effectiveness.
What Is The Blood Pressure Reading Method?
According to many blood pressure monitor reviews, the accuracy reading is important as it makes you understand clearly your health situation. Despite that, this task is a bit hard for someone, especially beginners.
This factor is affected by the accuracy of blood pressure monitoring. Some digital devices can produce the wrong blood pressure reading that make up your heart health.
There are 3 key indexes you will see on the device’s display:
- Sys (systolic blood pressure) indicates the pressure level your blood creates on artery walls when your heart beats.
- Dia (diastolic blood pressure) is the pressure rate of your blood when the heart rests.
- Pul (pulse): the heartbeats per minute.
As usual, the proper reading method is the sys/dia mmHg. And experts divide blood pressure rate into 3 ranges:
- Low rate: about 90/60 mmHg or lower
- Ideal rate: between 90/60 mmHg and 120/80 mmHg
- High rate: Higher than 140/90 mmHg
Who Needs A Blood Pressure Monitor?
Certainly, hypertension patients need a blood pressure monitor at home to keep track of their health. In case your family has elders, this device is unarguably also worth purchasing.
According to doctors and physicians, this item is extremely important for a patient or person in these situations:
- Patients take high blood pressure medications. Checking its level is important to make sure that they are taking it correctly.
- People with kidney-related, type 2 diabetes or irregular heartbeats diseases.
- Whoever has an unstable blood pressure rate.
- Pregnant women need this tool to ensure health stability during their pregnancy period.
Can I Check My Blood Pressure Without A Monitor?
Not all families have monitors at home. So how can you measure the blood rate when you don’t have a dedicated device?
Measure your blood rate manually. Since a long time ago, when science hasn’t developed, and people didn’t have any modern tool, checking blood pressure by hand is the most popular method.
Find the artery on your wrist first and don’t use too much force as it will limit your ability to feel. Put 2 fingertips on the aorta and count the pulses per minute. If your heart rate is from 60 to 90 beats per minute, it means you’re healthy with a stable blood pressure and heart condition.
Use blood pressure measuring apps. When operating, these apps will turn on the flashlight, and what you need to do is cover the camera lens and flash with your finger. After that, maintain placing your finger there until the apps have counted your rate yet.
In general, a blood pressure monitor will give you the most accurate results with detailed indices. However, using apps on a smartphone isn’t recommended as they can make up fake and useless outcomes.
In general, we’ve revealed to you all the necessary information about our top picks. Have you had the best blood pressure monitor for yourself? Don’t forget to check the buying guide as we make sure it will support you considerably!
We highly recommend Braun ExactFit 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitor for all users. It meets all the requirements of quality and has many features that make it easier to use.